What You’ll Need
- A Piece of Blue Paper
- A Piece of White Paper
- Two Pieces of Brown Paper
- A Pipe Cleaner
- 2 Popsicle Sticks
- Craft Glue
- Safety Scissors
- Double Edge Tape
This project requires cutting a few times. If you do not have safety scissors, make sure a grownup is helping you cut!
What To Do
- On your white paper, draw a squiggly line, to make a hill like shape.
- Cut your hill out and glue it to your blue piece of paper.
- Draw one large circle, two medium triangles, and a half moon-like shape on your brown paper.
- Cut out all of your circles and half moon-like shape.
- Cut one of your medium circles in half – this will be your walrus’s legs!
- Cut your pipe cleaner into six pieces.
- Draw a nose on your half moon-like shape with a straight line underneath.
- Using your double edge tape, attach each of the six pieces of pipe cleaner to the line on both sides to make whiskers
- Flip the half moon-like shape over and attach a popsicle stick on each side.
If you don’t have a pipe cleaner or popsicle sticks, no problem! You can use a straw, or just draw on the whiskers and teeth with your crayons!
- Now it’s time to build our walrus!
– Glue your largest circle onto the paper, in the “snowy” hill
– Glue the small circle to the top of the large one
– Glue your half moon-like shape under the small circle to create his mouth area
– Glue each of the half circles to both sides of the large circle with the curve of the circle facing in for your walrus’s legs
- In the small circle, draw two eyes
And now you have your walrus!