This week we’re exploring animals we might see at the beach with these adorable cupcake liner crabs, inspired by I Heart Crafty Things! After you make the craft, learn three fun facts about Crabs!
Make Cupcake Liner Crabs with Us!
What You’ll Need
- Blue Construction Paper
- Brown or Tan Construction Paper
- Two (2) Cupcake Liners
If you don’t have cupcake liners, you can use red construction paper!
- Something Sparkly (glitter, washy tape, etc.)
- Safety Scissors
What To Do
- Cut your brown paper in half, with a bump in the middle, to look like a hill of sand
If you do not have safety scissors, make sure a grownup helps you!
Our paper was pre-cut from a previous craft – if you have any leftover paper, you can use that and not have to cut!
- Glue your brown paper onto the blue paper to create your sand.
- Use your sparkly item to decorate your sand.
We used washi tape, but you could use glitter, pom-poms, color on the brown paper, or something else!
- Fold your cupcake liners in half and then use a little piece of tape to keep them together
- Glue your cupcake liners onto your paper!
- Draw two eyes, two claws, and four legs for both of your crabs!
And now you have your Crabs!
Three Fun Facts About Crabs
- Crabs are invertebrates (animals without a backbone)
- Crabs have five pairs of legs (the first pair are known as the claws).
- There are about 6,793 species of crab found in all of the oceans around the world, in fresh water and there are also some terrestrial crabs (ones that live entirely on land). Many crabs live in the tropical regions.