After losing the school spelling bee to Roberta, McKayla accuses her of cheating. When Roberta learns she might lose her award she takes matters into her own hands, placing the two of them in serious trouble. Throughout this interactive drama and workshop, students will explore themes of conflict management, actions and consequences, and peer-pressure.
How the Program Works
Three actor educators visit your classroom and perform a 45-minute interactive drama which explores an incident that occurs within a fictional elementary school. Throughout the drama, highly trained actor educators periodically step out of role and facilitate talk-backs with the students, reflecting on the story.
Managing emotions in a safe and responsible manner is a skill that can be learned and strengthened.
Throughout the workshop, students will witness moments when the characters are faced with difficult decisions. Through guided discussions, students actively explore the potential dangers of reactionary decision-making, and the consequences of those decisions. Towards the end of the workshop, students become actors themselves as they take on roles in the drama, collectively determining the outcome of the story!
- Audience Members…as they view short scenes performed by the actor teachers
- Critical Thinkers…as they reflect on the scenes and use their own reasoning to draw conclusions
- Actors…as they implement their own ideas through role play
- To create safe learning environments for all students
- To examine reactionary decision-making and the potential consequences of those decisions
- To introduce students to skills they can use to help responsibly manage their emotions
Students Consider the Following Questions:
- What can we do when we feel angry or upset? How should we react to these emotions?
- Why is it important to reach out for help when you need it?
- How can we manage our emotions while keeping ourselves and others safe during times of conflict?
Each 45-minute workshop costs $200 and can serve 30 students at a time.
We are now offering a virtual version of this program online!