Explore Foxes with Us!
Staying inside can be fun when you play, sing, dance, craft, and read! Join us as we explore foxes through children’s books, theater games, songs, and fun activity ideas for you and your little ones! Want to help pick next week’s theme? Visit our Instagram Story today to vote!
Play a Theater Game!
We know we’re exploring foxes but it’s time to play Deer!
1. Divide your players into groups of 3, if possible.
2. Ask each group to think of an animal. Make sure there are no duplicates. Give the groups 1 minute to create a pose that represents that animal.
3. Gather the group in a circle.
4. Have each group teach everyone else the pose that they came up with.
5. At the end review all the animals and poses. (If it’s helpful you could write a list up on the board.)
6. Choose one volunteer to be the leader in the center of the circle.
7. The leader points to a player and shouts an animal from the list, then counts quickly from 1 to 10. The player who was pointed at and the players on either side of her must create the animal pose before the leader reaches “10”.
8. If any of the 3 players fail to get into the pose in time, that player switches with the leader and calls the next animal.
9. There is one catch. If at any point the leader points to someone and calls “Deer!”, that player must freeze like a deer in headlights with eyes wide open. If he/she moves, she must switch places with the leader.
Thanks for the idea, Beat by Beat Press!