Explore the Moon with Us!
Staying inside can be fun when you play, sing, dance, craft, and read! Join us as we explore the moon through children’s books, theater games, songs, and fun activity ideas for you and your little ones!
Play a Theater Game!
This is a great game to help with focus.
Your theme is space! While facing each other or seated in a circle, the first player says a single word to begin the story.
Progressing through the circle, the person on the left of Player One says the next word, and so on.
The aim is to tell a comprehensive story through only one word exchanges.
Thank you to Take Lessons for the inspiration!
Get Creative Together!
Make a Snack!
After all that exploring, you deserve a snack! This treat, found on Coupons.com, is perfect for you and your little one!
You’ll need Vanilla Wafer cookies, mini marshmallows, dark chocolate chips, and coconut oil.
- Lay vanilla wafer cookies out on a clean work surface, curved side up.
- Place ½ cup of mini marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave them for 15-20 seconds, just until melted and fluffy.
- Working quickly, spread about 1 ½ tablespoons of melted marshmallow on the curved side of 6 vanilla wafers.
- Press a second wafer on top, curved-side down. This will give your final cookies a flat top and bottom (just like the original Moon Pies!)
- Repeat with the second ½ cup of marshmallows.
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, melt dark chocolate chips with coconut oil for 30 seconds.
- Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir once more and return to microwave, if needed. Chocolate will melt before it gets hot, and your goal it to get a smooth chocolate without it actually being warm to the touch. This will keep your chocolate from mottling as it cools.
- Plunge cookies into the chocolate mixture.
- Transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Once all cookies have been dipped, place them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to all the chocolate to harden.
Keep Exploring with Us Online
Follow NYCCT on Pinterest and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more ways to explore books at home!