In this week’s Creative Clubhouse Stories book, Jack’s Worry, Jack is excited to play the trumpet in his first ever concert! But, he wakes up the morning of the concert with a worry! In honor of Jack’s concert, we’re making mosaic music notes!
Join NYCCT Teaching Artist, Caitlyn, for a digital, interactive & accessible storytime class that mixes books you love with theater games your little one will love – without having to leave home!
This week’s book is Jack’s Worry!
Make a Mosaic Music Note with Us!
What You’ll Need
- 5 Sheets of Construction Paper – any colors you’d like!
- Craft Glue
- Safety Scissors
This project requires cutting a few times. If you do not have safety scissors, make sure a grownup is helping you cut!
What To Do
- Trace a music note on one of your sheets of paper.
- Cut out your music note!
If you do not have safety scissors, make sure a grownup helps you!
- Glue your music note onto a sheet of construction paper
- Cut your other 3 sheets of paper into strips
- Cut the strips into squares. The squares should be a variety of sizes!
If you do not have safety scissors, make sure a grownup helps you with steps 4 and 5.
- Glue your squares onto the music note, covering the whole note. The squares can overlap!
And now you have your mosaic music note!