New York City Children’s Theater’s Sensory-Friendly Performance
New York City Children’s Theater is excited to offer a sensory-friendly performance of each of our mainstage productions! Sensory Friendly performances are designed to create a welcoming environment for all families with children on the autism spectrum and related conditions.
To provide a welcoming environment, the following adjustments will be made to the performance:
- House lights will remain at a low level during the performance
- Reduction of loud sounds
- Reduction of flashing or jarring lights
- Sensory support (fidgets, earplugs, noise-canceling headphones) are available to audience members upon request
- A quiet area is designated in the lobby. Audience members may exit and re-enter as needed
- A relaxed atmosphere: audience members can vocalize and talk throughout the performance
- Autism specialists are on site and available to provide support
Upcoming Sensory Friendly Performances:
Join our mailing list and be the first to know when tickets for our sensory friendly performances go on sale.