- Theatre Row is ADA Accessible. All theaters, bathrooms, and the lounge are accessible by elevator. Wheelchair and mobility-impaired seating is intended for patrons with mobility disabilities.
- The Pete is located on the main level of The Flea Theater.
Assisted Listening Devices
- Assisted Listening Devices are available for use at Theatre Row upon request. Please see an NYCCT representative to request yours.
- Transcripts of videos are available upon request (please allow for 7-10 business days from requesting)
- Audio descriptions of performances are available upon request (please allow for 7-10 business days from requesting)
- New York City Children’s Theater is excited to offer a sensory-friendly performance of each of our mainstage productions! Sensory Friendly performances are designed to create a welcoming environment for all families with children on the autism spectrum and related conditions.
ASL Interpreted Performances
- NYCCT is excited to offer ASL Interpreted Performances. At every ASL Interpreted Performance, an interpreter is in the theater translating what the actors are saying and expressing to audience members who communicate with sign language. More Information Coming Soon
NYCCT is dedicated to making our online class, Creative Clubhouse Stories, enriching and accessible for ALL little ones!
- Participants have access to both verbal and written instructions for each activity.
- In addition to being read out loud, all books will be presented in a slide show picture format to allow little ones and their grown-ups a clear view of each page’s illustration and text.
- The teaching artist will provide a verbal description of all illustrations and images used in the lesson.
- Throughout the lesson, the teaching artist offers a handful of modifications, or different ways of participating in each exercise. Little ones are encouraged to interpret exercises through their own creative lens and express that creativity in their own unique way!
- During vocalized activities, participants other than the TA will be muted so that families can participate at their own volume, while still hearing instructions from the TA.
- Sensory objects and activities will be explored in each lesson to help children deepen their understanding of the book’s setting, characters and themes.
- Live Captioning and/or an ASL interpreter will be made available upon request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like to request a specific accommodation for your little one, please email email@example.com.
NYCCT strives to make theater accessible for all
If you have questions about accessibility, or ideas on how we can make the theatergoing experience more accessible for your family, please email us.