New York City Children’s Theater is proud to present a sensory friendly performance of
The Emperor’s New Clothes and More Magical Stories by Hans Christian Andersen
Saturday, December 8th at 11am | Tickets: $22.25 | Theatre Row | 410 West 42nd Street, NYC 10036
Tickets on Sale Now
What’s the Show About?
A normal day at the park becomes so much more when a young girl gets swept away into four of Hans Christian Andersen’s famous fairy tales: The Princess and the Pea, The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Nightingale and The Ugly Duckling.
The company that brought you Interstellar Cinderella invites you to discover why some fairy tales never get old. Inspired by four of Hans Christian Andersen’s most famous stories.
Adapted for the Stage by Barbara Zinn Krieger
Devised and Directed by Adrienne Kapstein
Original Music by Charles Greenberg
This performance is designed to create a welcoming environment for all families with children on the autism spectrum and related conditions.
To provide a welcoming environment, the following adjustments will be made to the performance:
- House lights will remain at a low level during the performance
- Reduction of loud sounds
- Reduction of flashing or jarring lights
- Sensory support (fidgets, earplugs, noise-canceling headphones) are available to audience members upon request
- A quiet area is designated in the lobby. Audience members may exit and re-enter as needed
- A relaxed atmosphere: audience members can vocalize and talk throughout the performance
- Autism specialists are on site and available to provide support